For complete details and FAQs, please visit: www.greenvillefcu.com/core-conversion-2020
In keeping our commitment to providing efficient and advanced banking services, we are upgrading our core system on March 2, 2020. The core processing system is the computer software and supporting hardware that Greenville Federal Credit Union uses to maintain members’ deposit and loan accounts, process transactions, and support services such as debit cards and online banking. A core system conversion is one of the most complex projects a financial institution can undertake and requires careful planning to lay the groundwork for a successful transition. We can assure you that our team is working diligently to minimize confusion or unforeseen circumstances during conversion. Additionally, we have increased staff and reallocated resources to better serve our members immediately before and after the conversion.
With the new core system, you will experience a wide range of benefits including better integration of the credit union’s services both online and within our mobile app, more functionality and personalized features to manage your money, and improved efficiency in our services. Overall, the new system will provide a better experience with greater security, convenience and value.
We ask that you pay special attention to all communications we send out over the next few weeks as we will share up-to-date information and instructions to ensure a smooth transition. Below are key dates showing the availability of services leading up to and during our core system conversion weekend.
Key Dates: Core System Conversion Week, Monday, February 24 through Monday, March 2
- Access to Online Bill Pay will be unavailable starting Monday, February 24 until Monday, March 2. There will be no interruption to previously scheduled bill payments.
- Your debit and credit card purchases will process as usual, and you will have ATM access.
- Starting Wednesday, February 26, balance inquiries on Online and Mobile Banking, PhoneBranch or at ATMs may not reflect the most current transactions. Courtesy Pay will remain in effect. Balances will be updated by Monday, March 2 at 12:00 pm.
- Online and Mobile Banking and PhoneBranch will be unavailable after close of business, 6:00 pm, on Friday, February 28 through 12:00 pm on Monday, March 2. All three are being upgraded and will require re-enrollment and setup. Instructions will be provided closer to conversion.
- The credit union will open at 12:00 pm on Monday, March 2.
How to Prepare:
- Review and schedule any online bill payments and transfers before Monday, February 24.
- Keep an eye out for communications regarding the conversion to come via email and regular postal service, on our website and social media, and through Online Banking.
For more details, please visit: www.greenvillefcu.com/core-conversion-2020 to learn more about how the conversion may affect you. As always, we want to hear from you and encourage any questions you might have. Please feel free to contact us at 800.336.6309.
We appreciate your loyalty as we work to improve our systems and your banking experience. Thank you in advance for your patience!
Paul Hughes, President
Greenville Federal Credit Union
President's Column 10/7/19: Core Conversion Update - Additional Staff, Upgrades to Online and Mobile Banking Apps.
President's Column 7/17/19: Our new Core Data Processing Platform Conversion is set for March 1, 2020.
President's Column 5/6/19: Announcing a Planned Core Data Processor Conversion.